Sunday 17 September 2017

The New News

Since Our Last Episode...

It's been a little while since I last blogged here. I've been remiss in leaving it so long, but life gets in the way from time to time. There is plenty to catch up on and I thank you, dear readers, for being patient with me.

(Before we get into it, though, two hashtags you need to check out if you love great art: #drawingwhileblack and #latinoHispanicartist. You're welcome!)

The news? A new Space Princess title has been out for sale since the beginning of September, Season Two is in the works along with a fourth Sex & Sorcery, and along with some fellow erotica authors I have caught the tabletop gaming bug -- this time it's Paizo's new setting, Starfinder -- for the first time in a long time. Let's get to it! (One mildly NSFW image.)

Super-Sexy September with Uruk Press


Here's an iconic image of retro beauty
Michelle Angelo, the inspiration for
Captain Titania Hollander.
I'm delighted to be participating in Uruk Press' Super-Sexy September in two ways. First, with the long-promised Space Princess Pocket Rockets -- a collection of funny, smutty, action-packed prequel shorts set in the Space Princess universe -- of which I can only say if you haven't pre-ordered or purchased yet, get your copy now!

You can see my posts on all the stories in this collection in what follows:


Or just check out the summaries and get your copy here. Remember it also contains a sneak preview of Season Two of Space Princess, which is in the works right now and for which I'm super-excited, so stay tuned!

I also have had the honour of contributing a story to Sex & Sorcery 4. It's a far sillier and lighter story than my outing in the last anthology and I'm hoping it will be enjoyable, and these anthologies are always packed with high-quality erotic writers so be sure to keep an eye out for it.

Playing Starfinder with a Dragon of Certain Distinction

"Monae," by Katie Mazikin's Art + Design
in Baltimore.
The most-hyped RPG release of September has to be Starfinder, the science-fantasy heir to Pathfinder (itself an heir of D&D) by Paizo. I don't normally get into hyped RPG releases if the truth be told, but then I found out fellow-author Dragon Cobolt was running a Starfinder scenario (along with another fine author, Nathan Ravenwood). My fondness for things-fantasy and things-cyberpunk and my nostalgia for my own days of tabletop gaming made the prospect irresistible.

Cobolt's Jade Regent campaign -- which will be published as it's played, for as long as we can keep it running -- is basically the smut-writer's equivalent of getting to join in on something like Critical Role or I Hit It With My Axe, and I'm pretty excited for it.

As I worked and reworked my character, Xata Estin -- an android who combines influences ranging from the Chevalier de Saint-Georges to Ana Lezama de Urinza -- it occurred to me that what I essentially wound up with is a magic- and rapier-wielding, somewhat more skimpily-clad science-fantasy version of the original Electric Lady, Janelle Monae. And you know... I'm okay with that.

Anyway, check out the first adventure from our estimable draconian friend's campaign, and stay tuned for more.

Allow Me to Play You Out

In honour the Chevalier de Saint-George's contribution to Xata and to other recent projects, let's have one of his violin concertos, shall we? Til next time, dear readers.


No comments:

Post a Comment